Feb 11, 2015

Little Geranium Baby Dress


Another baby dress, this time using the Little Geranium pattern found here:  http://www.made-by-rae.com/2013/01/free-little-geranium-dress-pattern/

I only altered the pattern in two ways - first, in order to conserve on the pink fabric (which I have very little of) I cut the lining of the pockets out of white fabric.  This created a raw edge not provided for in the pattern, so I made a bit of bias tape out of some medium blue fabric I had on hand and finished the top of the pockets that way.

The other alteration was to make the skirt narrower - 44" of width just didn't seem necessary for a newborn dress.  I think I cut closer to 26" wide, and it seems more than sufficient.


The back closes with two simple buttons - come to think of it, I guess this is another slight deviation from the pattern, which called for three.  Given the tiny size of the dress, three doesn't really seem necessary, and simplicity is something I value when it comes to clothing for babies - merely getting them dressed is already an exercise in patience at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!