Feb 6, 2015

Blueberry Muffins

I've always loved blueberry muffins, and over the years I've made hundreds of muffins using dozens of recipes.  Some turned out well and some not-so-well, but at least they were all edible.  Finding a muffin which was moist yet fluffy, however, was a feat which had managed to elude me.  Some muffins came quite close, but none were perfect.

 So when I opened my email not too long ago and saw a recipe from Yammie's Noshery for "The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever", I was skeptical but definitely willing to give the recipe a chance.

And I'm very glad I did.

These muffins were definitely better than any I've made before.  Incredibly light, not at all dense, moist, and wonderfully flavorful.  Perfection.

So if you've got a hankering for moist, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, fluffy and delicate blueberry muffins, head over to Yammie's and grab your mixing bowl.

Recipe notes:

  • I made 12 muffins, which resulted in the smaller muffins you see here rather than the tall ones featured on YN.  Tall muffins look nicer, short muffins... well, there's more of 'em.
  • I used frozen blueberries in these, and baked them for about 23 minutes.
  • Looking back at Yammie's photos, I'm seeing a lot more blueberries on the tops of her muffins - which is definitely more aesthetically pleasing.  I skipped the putting-blueberries-on-top part this time, but I'll probably go ahead and do it next time I make these.
  • Lacking sour cream, I used yogurt - 1/2 regular and 1/2 greek.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!