Feb 8, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 4 Results & Goals for Next Week



Here's my final update for this series!

Goals from this week:


1 - Paint office  -  Not done.
 While I really would have liked for this to get done, Dylan's schedule didn't allow for it and I didn't wish to tackle the project by myself.  The single day Dylan had off of work it was too blithering cold for us to even considered opening windows for ventilation, and painting without fresh air simply isn't something I'd like to experience.

What I did get done instead, however, was a major organization of paperwork which needed to be filed or re-filed.  Not the most enjoyable task in the world, but the office looks so much tidier now than before.  Plus, not having extra papers laying around should make it easier to paint once we do get around to it.


2 - Finish sewing nursing cover - Done.
This was a surprisingly quick and easy project, and I'm glad to be able to check it off of my list.  :)


Organize and clean bathroom cabinets - Done.
This mostly consisted of straightening out the cloth diapering supplies I've accumulated, since the way I'd originally organized them wasn't working once I added a bunch more items to the mix.  I'm sure I'll have to reorganize them again at some point after I start using them daily, but right now they should be fine until after baby arrives.

Vacuum entire house - Done.
Not much to say about this, other than... it's done.  Oh, and I cleaned the vacuum cleaner itself, too... which sounds rather odd to say.


Make 2-3 freezer meals
- Done.
Okay, maybe it would be more accurate to say that I got 2-3 items in the freezer, since rolls and blueberry muffins aren't exactly full meals...


Clean out car
- Done, but not as thoroughly as planned.
I was originally thinking to deep clean the car, but ended up merely tidying and surface cleaning it.  Regardless, it's much better than it was before and so I'm not too annoyed over the fact that it isn't perfect.

Earn at least $30 online
- Done
As I write them I'm *just* over the $30 mark, but I'd like to do some work on Textbroker later today and earn a few more dollars.  Even if that doesn't happen, however, I'm glad to have met this goal. 

_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________

Goals for Next Week:
While this is the official end of my 4-Weeks posts, I'm going to keep posting weekly goals and see if that works well to keep me motivated.  If it ends up merely being stressful I'll quit, but I tend to think that as long as I'm fairly realistic in my ambitions it will simply serve to make sure I don't get too lazy.

  1. Paint office
  2. Make and freeze a batch of cookie dough
  3. Shopping trip: spend less than $30
  4. Finish reading A 50-Year Silence and Economics in One Lesson
  5. Finish at least one baby sewing project
  6. Make list of what needs to be bought & packed for birth
  7. Earn $30+ online


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!