Jan 28, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 3 - Day 3






This is the 3rd day of the 3rd week of my 4-week long challenge to organize the house well before baby Nutella arrives.  I'm using the schedule made by Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom, so you can go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.

Today's Checklist:
  • Make a list of 5-7 things to get done today
  • Daily tasks
  • Clean top of fridge and cabinets
  • Wipe down cabinet doors
  • Clean bathroom
  1. Start sewing felt animals
  2. Walk 30 minutes
  3. Earn $5 online
  4. Make chocolate-oatmeal bars
  5. Work on sewing nursing cover
Results: 


One of the things I didn't find while shopping yesterday was the boning I needed for the nursing cover I'm making.  After some quick Google searching, however, I came across this tutorial which uses part of an oatmeal cover as a substitute for boning.  Using the same concept, I cut the edge off of a coffee container and used that.  I'm not sure how well it will work, but it's worth a try and I can easily replace it if I find that it isn't sufficiently strong.


Both Dylan and I like to snack on fruit a lot, and since Aldi has great prices on produce I like to stock up on whatever fruit is in season and inexpensive.  One of the things I didn't like about it, however, was the fact that we have limited counter space and I didn't know where to store the fruit.  Then I recently realized that the space on top of the fridge wasn't being utilized for anything, and so moved the fruit there - and so far it's been a win-win situation.  The space is being used, the fruit looks decorative, and my counters stay cleaner.



These chocolate-oatmeal no-bake bars were made after I realized that I'm low on snack-y foods which are also healthy.  These bars were the result, although the chocolate chips on top admittedly aren't the most healthy.  The rest of the bars are sugar-free, however, so I'm not too worried about a few bits of chocolate.  :)

Getting these felt animals made might end up being a bit more time-consuming than I was expecting, given that I only got one little fellow cut out today.  Regardless, they're cute enough that I think I'll enjoy making them anyway, and since they'll be used for the baby gym I'm planning to make (following this tutorial) I'm not too worried about getting them done right away - Nutella won't need a baby gym right away, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!