Jan 27, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 3 - Day 2



Today is the first day of my third trimester, yay!  I'm in the middle of a four-week-long challenge to get the house more organized in preparation for baby's arrival.  Go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.


Today's Checklist:
  •  Make a list of 5-7 things to do today
  • Complete daily tasks
  • Sweep house
  • Clean stove top and microwave
  1. Sew 2nd nursing cover
  2. Grocery shopping
  3. Purchase craft supplies needed for felt animals and 1st nursing cover
  4. Return library book
  5. Work on bathroom floor
  6. Exercise
  7. Plan diaper bag
Results: 




I'm still planning on making a nursing cover with boning and straps, but decided that having a second one around wouldn't hurt.  Remembering the simple nursing covers my mom had (which are simply a rectangular shape with a half circle cut out of one side and buttons to secure it around the neck), I cut one out from memory, hemmed the edges, and added a button and buttonhole.  Twas a simple project.



On a totally unrelated note, I snapped this photo while folding laundry after I washed some baby socks.  The sight of Dylan's sock next to the itty-bitty newborn sock made me smile, and I can't resist sharing the picture here.  :)


Shopping took several hours today - not so much because I had to purchase a lot, but because I had quite a few different stops to make.  I went to the thrift store (got a nice new shirt and and bundle of super cheap zippers!), then dropped in to see Dylan during one of his breaks.  After that I hit Walmart, Aldi, the library, and Dillons before heading back to pick up Dylan and bring him home.  Since I got everything done that I'd intended, though, it was a very satisfying trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!