Jan 23, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 2 - Day 4



This is the 4th day of the 2nd week of my 4-week long challenge to organize the house well before baby Nutella arrives.  Go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.


Today's Checklist:
  • Make a list of 5-7 things to accomplish today
  • Complete daily tasks
  • Clean light switch covers and outlet plates
  • Clean bathroom - 15 minutes
  1. Earn $5 or more online today
  2. Clean out the silverware drawer
  3. Alter skirt
  4. Exercise: walk 2 miles
  5. Alter leggings
  6. Start sewing nursing cover
Results:  
 A lot of what I wanted to get done today involved sewing, which I really enjoy doing.  It doesn't feel like a chore, therefore, and if I don't watch my time I can easily spend hours in front of my sewing machine instead of getting the other tasks that I need to do done.

Today I needed to alter two items - a brown corderoy skirt and a pair of leggings.  The skirt I bought with the intention of making it maternity, and a previous attempt to do so ended up less-than successful - the fabric I used to make a stretchy band at the top simply wasn't stretchy enough, which resulted in a skirt which felt like it was falling down.  Ick.  After removing the evidence of that failed attempt, I used a pair of maternity jeans to figure out exactly how the waist needed to be shaped, and then decided that I also wanted to shorten the skirt a bit - ankle length just seemed too long.  I'm very happy with the finished result.  :)

The leggings I bought online after I grew out of my non-maternity leggings.  They were supposed to be the same size as what I normally with, with the exception of allowing for my pregnant middle to fit.  Apparently, however, the sizing got mucked up somewhere along the line and I ended up with a pair of baggy clown pants.  Figuring out how to sew in the sides without all sorts of twisting was a bit confusing, but after trying them on and pinning them multiple times I figured it out.



The nursing cover I only barely started on, since I decided that I want to include boning in the top section, and that needs to be purchased before I can work on it further.



The assigned tasks for today were quick and simple - given the small size of our house we don't have all that many lightswitch or outlet covers to clean, so that task was a breeze.  While cleaning the bathroom I decided to start deep-cleaning part of the grout, a job I've been avoiding for a while now.  I think breaking it up into sections instead of doing it all at once will make it less intimidating, so I'm planning on doing that.  I also organized the silverware drawer, which was starting to get cluttered. 

Working online today was less-than fruitful - Textbroker, my go-to money making site, didn't have any good offers on it today, which resulted in my not completing that goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!