Jan 20, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 2 - Day 2



This is the 2nd day of the 2nd week of my 4-week long challenge to organize the house well before baby Nutella arrives.  Go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.


Today's Checklist:
  • Create a List of 5-7 Things to Accomplish
  • Complete Daily Tasks
  • Vacuum House
  • Clean Baseboards
  1. Work on Textbroker for an hour
  2. Exercise: 5 minutes of stretching, 20 minute workout
  3. Quick Shopping Trip
  4. Work on edging baby wipes for 20 minutes
  5. Work on grocery budget
Results:  
I'm gradually starting to get accustomed to early morning starts to my day - this morning I got up at 3:30 again to drive Dylan to work, only to find that his schedule had changed and he didn't need to come in until 7:00.  That meant that we ended up coming back home for nearly two hours before going back into town again.

Oy.  :P

Anyway, the items on the to-do list today weren't all that complicated, interesting, or difficult.  Since our house is quite small vacuuming it and cleaning the baseboards didn't take long at all.

I've been doing okay with sticking to the grocery budget I set for myself, but decided on a whim to itemize a list of what's been spent this month so as to better see where the money is going.  I finished getting all of January's grocery receipts chronicled this morning, and I'm thinking that, rather than adding in December's receipts, I'll add to the tally as I shop.  Hopefully this will have the result of making me better watch where the money is going.

I gave myself twenty minutes to work on edging the baby wipes that I cut out last week, thinking that I'd get perhaps half of them done.  Much to my surprise, I managed to get them all finished by simply going for a few extra minutes after the timer beeped.

I've been lax about getting onto Textbroker and working lately - partly because of other obligations and interests which have taken precedence, partly because I'm just lazy, and partly because there hasn't been as much work on there lately.  I dipped my toes back into the water and started working there again today, which felt really nice.  (Even if it was only for an hour or so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!