Jan 16, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 1 - Day 5



This is the 5th day of my 4-week long challenge to organize the house well before baby Nutella arrives.  Go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.


Today's Checklist:
  •  Make a list of 5-7 things to get done today
  • Complete daily tasks
  • Do two logic puzzles
  • Clean couch
  1. Make and freeze lasagna
  2. Mop kitchen and bedroom floors
  3. Work on Textbroker for an hour or more
  4. Read a chapter of Economics in One Lesson & a portion of Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  5. Exercise for 30 minutes
  6. Make a birthday card for Grandma
Results:  
5:00am - My sleep was less-than optimal once again, so I'll likely end up napping later today, if I'm feeling the affects of only sleeping for about six hours last night.  Even though Dylan's work schedule dictated that he get there 45 minutes later than usual we both ended up waking in the wee hours of the morning.

After hearing some odd noises in the house and startling fully awake, there was no way either of us were going to fall back to sleep.  Consequently, I ended up finally getting up at 3:45am or so.

So far I've figured out today's list of things to do, checked my email, and made myself a bowl of oatmeal (which is cooling next to me as I write this).

 Photos of food taken with an iPhone look so appetizing, don't they? /sarcasm

9:30am - Ate breakfast, read books.  Decided to lay down on the couch for "just a few minutes", and the next thing I knew I'd been sleeping for over two hours.

After I got up for the second time I did the dishes and cleaned up the bedroom.  There wasn't enough laundry to start a load, so I skipped that this morning.  Started cooking the ingredients for lasagna, then hopped onto Swagbucks for a little while.

 Yet another unattractive iPhone photo.  Egh.  And the stove isn't even completely cleaned.  Ew.

11:15am - Finished making the lasagna, and ended up making more than I'd originally planned on... which of course took a bit longer to make, but getting more food than expected is a good thing.  I then mopped the bedroom, then sat down to do some logic puzzles and relax.

http://www.logic-puzzles.org/

2:00pm - Worked on textbroker for a while, then replied to an email from one of my aunts.  Mopped the kitchen floor after making myself lunch, then simply relaxed for a bit.



5:30pm - Cleaned the couch and washed dishes from making lunch and lasagna, then exercised and (finally!) showered.  After that I sat down to make a card for my grandma's birthday, which is rapidly approaching, then tidied the house one last time before Dylan gets home.  All I have to do now is heat up dinner! :)

Recap from this week:

To review, here are the goals for this week which I set on day one:
  • Exercise for 30 minutes or more at least 4 times this week
  • Apply 2nd coat of paint to living room/kitchen area Didn't happen; Dylan's work schedule changed mid-week and I wasn't going to attempt the project by myself.
  • Sew 1 baby outfit
  • Mop all tiled floors
  • Clean front porch - sweep leaves and clean railings
  • Make 2-3 meals to freeze for later 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!