Jan 14, 2015

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home | Week 1 - Day 3



This is the 3rd day of my 4-week long challenge to organize the house well before baby Nutella arrives.  Go here if you'd like to download the daily schedule for yourself.


Today's Checklist:
  • Make list of 5-7 things to do today
  • Do daily tasks
  • Bedroom tidied - vacuum, clear off dressertops, dust.  (Set timer for 20 minutes.)
  • List two items on Ebay
  • Clean out freezer
Results: 
My to-do list for today:
  1. Exercise for at least 30 minutes
  2. Finalize menu plan and shopping list
  3. Shopping trip - Walmart, Thrift Store, & Aldi
  4. Read two chapters of Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
  5. Stop by library
  6. Pay bills
 The day started really early, at 3:30am this morning.  :P  In order to go shopping, I need to go with Dylan to work so that I can take the car back home.  Getting up to do this always makes me appreciate all the more the work Dylan does to provide for us.

Once I got home I relaxed for awhile, checked my email, and planned my shopping trip and menu.  After a little I realized I was getting too drowsy from simply sitting in front of the computer, so I started a load of laundry, and did some dishes.


 The next task on the list to tackle was cleaning the freezer.  Most of what I needed to do simply included re-stacking and re-organizing containers and such, but I also decided to remove the leftover cake (from our reception), cut it into more manageable-sized pieces, and store it in a square casserole dish. Just doing that freed up a ton of space, and I wish I'd done it sooner.

Here's the "after" photo - it should be much easier for me to find things I need now.  (I forgot to include the doorway in this shot, but I organized that as well.)

The rest of the morning was spent doing a variety of tasks - listing two shirts on ebay, doing laundry, making myself a smoothie for second breakfast (I had a bagel at 4am, but couldn't make it to lunchtime with only that in my stomach. :P ), and reading.

I'm almost surprised at how much I'm enjoying this book, Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics. (aff)  It's very easy to understand and follow, and the common sense of the author is quite evident.  I highly recommend it. :)

Then I cleaned up the bedroom and exercised for a bit after getting briefly distracted by the new Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the movie, although depending on when Nutella arrives I may or may not get to see it right away after it comes out.  We'll see.

I had a few extra minutes before leaving for town to do shopping, so I decided to chop up some flannel into squares for cloth baby wipes.  Easy-peasy.

The rest of the day I was spend doing errands out and about.  I stopped by the thrift store and ended up with a nice sheet which I'll be chopping up to use for fabric.  Library was next, and then I dropped by to visit with Deelambs during one of his work breaks.  Shopped at Aldi and Walmart, picked up Deelambs, and then came home.

Right after leaving for town I realized that the pizza dough, which was supposed to be shaped and rising in the cast iron skillet it bakes in was instead still sitting in the bowl I'd mixed the dough in.  Because of this I ended up re-thinking dinner, and instead of pizza we had a variation of these Cheesesteak Nachos.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!