Nov 12, 2014

Grocery Shopping Trip and Menu Plan - 11/11/14

I'm hoping to make this a weekly post on this blog, as I know that sharing it will help me stay within my set budget for each week.  My current goal is to stay under $50 each week, if possible.

This week's trip was a rather small one, as the fridge and cupboards were still quite well stocked from last week's trip and there were quite a few leftovers already in the fridge.  My goal this week was to stay under $30, which I did manage to do.

 Walmart:

Milk, 1 gal - $2.99, -.25 Jingit rebate, total $2.74
Peanut Butter, 28 oz. - $2.98
Water bottles, 32 pack - $2.96

Walmart Total (+tax): $9.41

Aldi:

Pepperoni Slices - $1.99
Colby Jack Cheese, 8 oz. - $1.89
Butter - $3.49
Almond Milk - $2.49
Flour - $1.29
Steel-Cut Oats - $2.29
Cottage Cheese - $2.29
Cranberries - $1.59
Grapefruit, x2 - $0.98
Aldi Total (+tax): $19.79
Trip Total: $29.20

Menu:

Meals where Dylan is home are better planned, since I tend to just snack or get creative with whatever I find when I'm alone.

Dinners:
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Chicken Cordon Bleu, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Pizza
Friday - Taco Soup
Saturday - Chicken Pot Pie
Sunday - Baked Chicken, Mixed Veggies, Baked Potatoes

Lunches:
Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Leftover Falafels, Salad, Chicken Sandwiches, and whatever else I feel like.  (Pregnancy has me eating smaller meals and larger snacks...the cottage cheese and almond milk I bought are specifically for the purpose of snacking on Thin Mint Milkshakes.)

Breakfasts: 
Oatmeal, Eggs & Sausage, Cereal, Pancakes, Oatmeal, Omelet, Eggs & Cranberry Coffee Cake.  (Subject to change depending on what I feel like eating that morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!