Nov 11, 2014

Berry Cheesecake Fluff {THM - S}

For those of you who don't know and may be wondering: THM stands for Trim Healthy Mama, a method of eating based on the book by the same name.  The trick is to keep fats and carbs separate, and the "S" denotes the fact that this is a high-fat, low-carb recipe.  While I don't regularly follow this eating plan, I've been using it more often during pregnancy to help make sure I'm avoiding white sugar and getting a lot of healthy fats and such into my diet.

I was feeling hungry for something sweet this morning, and since we're out of cottage cheese until I head to the store this afternoon I wasn't able to make my usual snack, the Thin Mint Milkshake.  After scouting the house for ingredients, I came up with this concoction.  If you're like me and always enjoyed licking the bowl after mixing up cheesecake batter, you're sure to love this, and since it doesn't have raw eggs in it it's even safe.  :P

I can imagine many possible variations for this recipe other than berries, so feel free to get creative.  Perhaps you'd like to omit the berries and add liquid skinny chocolate.  Maybe swirls of peanut butter are your thing... the options are only limited by your imagination.


(I'm not terribly thrilled with this photo, but I was too impatient and hungry to snap another, better photo before I started eating.)

Berry Cheesecake Fluff (S)

makes 1 very satisfying serving
Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp berries (I used frozen raspberries)
  • 2 oz cream cheese (low fat preferred)
  • 2 Tbsp almond milk
  • 2-3 tsp. Truvia
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp. almond extract (I used an 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and filled it roughly half-way)
  • 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips or small chunks of skinny chocolate, optional
Directions:

Briefly heat berries in microwave or on stove until they are soft, then mash them with a fork.  You may need to add a tiny bit of water while heating them.

In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate, then beat on high until very smooth and creamy.

Fold in berries until mixture is marbled, then serve with chocolate chips/chunks on top, if desired.

------

Frugal tip: Driscoll's is currently offering a 50¢ coupon for berries when you join their community.  They'll also reward you with a coupon every time you purchase berries and take a survey on their site. If you take 16+ surveys those coupons will be worth an entire dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! All comments are welcome, so long as they are not profane, slanderous, or rife with grammatical errors. Thank you!